December 4-11, 2006

Polaris Minerals receives 2006 Mining and Sustainability Award

VANCOUVER, BC-Polaris Minerals has received the prestigious 2006 Mining and Sustainability Award in recognition of the company's achievements in business development, environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility. The award was presented to Polaris president and CEO Marco Romero by Bill Bennett, BC Minister of State for Mining, and Pierre Lebel, chairman of the Mining Association of British Columbia. Polaris is committed to establishing an Environmental Management System meeting the ISO 14001 standard for its Orca quarry development on the east coast of northern Vancouver Island, 3.8 km west of Port McNeill. Designed to produce six million tonnes of sand and gravel per year, the quarry is expected to begin production shortly. The project includes a dedicated ship loading facility capable of loading vessels with a capacity of up to 70,000 tonnes. Polaris Minerals Corporation owns 88% of the Orca quarry with the remaining 12% interest held by the 'Namgis First Nation. More information is available on the Polaris Web site, www.polarmin.com.

Table of Contents  | Top of Page


  Ecolog Network